The application procedure is divided into 4 steps. First you have to check whether you fullfill the requirements. If you are eligible you can apply via our online application system. After the application deadline the Selection Committee will select the applicants which will be invited to an online interview. This interview is the last step in our application procedure.
Step 1: Requirements
Ulm University awards its limited number of seats in its Master Online Program Advanced Oncology in accordance with the following provisions (see Admissions Statutes (English) or Zulassungssatzung (German) for more details):
(1a) Proof of a degree from a German or foreign college or university in a medical course of studies (e.g. State examination in medicine) or an equivalent degree at the level of in general four years of studies and at least one year of professional experience in oncology or
(1b) Proof of a degree from a German or foreign college or university in a course of studies in the natural sciences or an equivalent degree at the level of in general four years of studies or in a course of studies with essentially the same contents at a German or foreign college or university and at least two years of professional experience in oncology, and
(2) Proof of a sufficient command of the English language (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS or work experience in an English-speaking country). These requirements do not apply to applicants whose native language is English or who have earned at least 10 points in courses conducted in the English language during their previous studies at a college or university.
(3) Upgrade on the ranking list for occupational experience/practice:
- At least three years of professional experience related to the course of studies
- Completion of an additional qualification in oncology (specialist training as a physician or international equivalent, e.g, German Facharztausbildung)
- Publications, as evidenced by cumulative impact factors greater than 10
- At least one year of relevant occupational experience in a foreign country
- Leadership experience (chair of department, oncology practice/center or research group)
- Third party funds raised independently, as evidenced by explicit mentioning of the applicant in the approval notice
Step 2: Online Application
Applications will be accepted only via the new online application system. Please answer all required questions and support us with the necessary documents. The application portal is available between December 1 and April 15.
Step 3: Selection Procedure
The applicants which will be invited to a online video call will be selected.
Step 4: Online Video Interview via Skype
The interviews will take place in the end of June and at the beginning of July. Applicants selected will be invited about two weeks before. All dates will be scheduled in Central European Summer Time (CEST).
During the arrangement send us your Skype-ID and Skype Name. Provide us additionally with a phone number, on which you are available during the call (just in case the Skype connection fails).
Skype Installation and Test
For download link, support and additional information about Skype, please visit the Skype homepage (Link to: http://www.skype.com/en/). Due to the fact that it will be a video call, be prepared with webcam, microphone and speakers (respectively headset). We offer the possibility for a test call, therefore contact Mr. Sebastian Dannenberg for an appointment. Note, this is the only test to estimate the feasibility of your internet connection concerning your participation in this program.
Self Introduction (Powerpoint or PDF)
Please send us previously a little introduction of yourself (name, age, current position, research focus, motivation for the study program).
Online Video Interview
Log into Skype and await our call ten minutes before your interview.
Each video interview is conducted in English by a Selection Committee. The key aspects of occupational practice, expertise in oncology, additional qualifications as well as motivation for the study program will be discussed and evaluated. Additional qualifications may be: relevant stays abroad, internships or advanced training. The evaluation also includes conduct during the interview in regard to manner of expression, command of the English language, the applicant's approach to explaining problems and conclusiveness of argumentation.
The interview generally lasts 20 min.
Following the interview, the applicant will be evaluated on a grade scale from 1 (best) to 5 (worst).